A day in Old Cadiz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
October 1st 2019
Published: October 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well recovered from the journey to Puerto Santa Maria...all in all it's such a short train journey...but checking out of accommodation & checking in has all it's own individual idiosyncrasies that need to tie up so that we are not wasting time in stations etc. We have everything we need here to start off our new day in a new place.
A little wander round the village to orientate ourselves, via the info centre & onto the ferry to Cadiz.

Good weather...have to sit outside for the views..35mins across.

Old town Cadiz was swamped with cruise ship tourists....so that means blankets of people...so therefore difficult to negoiate. Very Malta like with the buildings having similar galleries to those of Malta. So how did that work....the Spanish were in Malta too.
We ventured into a few monumental spots & the food market 'mercado centro' ....very colourful. Absolutely the place to go for fresh veg, fish, meat & cured meat for the locals & tapas galore all set up for the cruise ship industry.

As a consequence we found it vibrant but over the top for us. An enjoyable visit to Cadiz but chose to catch the 2.15 ferry back to Puerto Santa Maria.

Landing was such ease & moving our way around Santa Maria was becoming a relaxing place to be. Maybe after a busy Seville & experiencing some peacefulness in Europe in the form of Santa Maria is something we like to return to.





Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



2nd October 2019

A day in Old Cadiz
Another action packed day...you'll need a holiday when you get back to NZ :) xx

Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb