Up and away


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Almería
October 27th 2015
Published: October 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Up with the larks for last minute checking and packing and m re checking and packing.

Our ride to the Airport arrived, in the form of gather in law Barry, big kisses ans hugs for the dogs and off we went.

As is the norm, Alex was selected for a random security check while I was left to retrieve the numerous trays of coats shoes, bags and electronic devices!

Flight to Madrid was on time and Alex was delighted to find a priest sitting over the aisle from us.

Due more (I think) to the skills of the pilot rather than divine intervention we arrived in Madrid safely where we had an hour to kill the n the duty free shop before boarding our flight to London.

Arrived on time at Heathrow and thankfully so did our luggage (I didn't fancy spending the next ten days in my gym gear which was the only clothing stored in my carry on bag!)

Headed to the car rental area and were able to select any car in the zone in the parking area, chose a nice blue Vauxhall Mokka which was pretty cool and a very comfortable drive.

Reminded ourselves why we no longer live in the UK by spending two hours on the M25 and M3 respectively in pouring rain and endless roadworks. Oh and it goes dark at 4pm!

Arrived at the hotel in n Southampton got to the room and headed straight out to the shops. Had a wander around after which we were tired, hungry and in need of a drink. TGI Fridays was right on the doorstep so found a table for two and perused the food and cocktail menu.

Two cocktails each and some excellent comfort food later we headed back to the hotel dodging the rain and turned in for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb