Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived yesterday pm without any complications. However, to drive on their main roads you have to buy a 6 month sticker (about $60). Staying at a large Casino Hotel. Took the shuttle into town center for a short walk around and dinner at a suggested restaurant in the old town. Walked along the river. Seems we have hit festival days with street musicians, etc. Very picturesque. Today we went back into town for the open air market along the river and then climbed to the castle. Did some more walking around town and walked back to the hotel - about 4 K. City is a combination of old and new because some was destroyed in previous wars. People seem relaxed and friendly and speak English as a second language. Supposedly the avergae Slovenian lives in a 25o square foot apartment which would explain why everyone seems to be eating at outdoor restaurants. Tomorrow we head for the Croation Coast for a 2 day stay on Krk Island. We plan to see more of the Slovenian countryside on our return to Munich.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th September 2008

looking good!
Well it looks as though the weather is cooperating more! I hope you guys dont expects us to be able to pronounce these names when you get home- yikes... Towns look nice- I love the old architecture... Nothing new to report from this end but will let you know if that changes!!!
26th September 2008

aaaah beautiful photos !!! looks like the best of Lj. !

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb