Day 33 : Tuesday 8 October 2019 : Vintgar Gorge


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola
October 8th 2019
Published: September 12th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Day 33 : Tuesday 8 October 2019 : Vintgar Gorge

Off we head on foot to Vintgar Gorge, (found out later that we could have taken a shared vehicle from the bus station for a few euros each ☹). Lovely day, sun’s shining, albeit cold ? we warmed up quickly with our 5km walk there. It’s another 1.6 kms along the gorge one way. The gorge is magnificent. The boardwalks, the ravines, the falls and the crystal clear pools of water. Just lovely, but cold in the shadows. More rock throwing to be had by all.

Great gorge, but time for some coffee and cake in the sun and the long walk back. By the time we get back, we need drinks ?. We stop at the Spica Bar with a nice view of the sun shimmering on the lake. A few drinks later and we decide we need to come back for tea as the food looks incredible.

As we wander back into town for tea, we wonder if it was a good idea, it’s so cold, but we’ve learnt to rug up. What an awesome dinner, and even better waiter!! He suggested we look for the Friday night food markets in Ljubljana, and the recommendation to try Pumpkin Oil on ice-cream. After our meal he gave us complimentary ice-cream with Pumpkin Oil. It was so good, quite nutty, we went and bought some of our own. Dinner was brilliant (€65) with wine. The menu was very extensive.

Walked 18 kms or 26800 steps and 37 floors. CC €95 Cash €30


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb