In the heart of the Old Town


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
July 19th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Pink Church01 Pink Church01 Pink Church

Pink church along the Ljublana river.
Geo: 46.0514, 14.506

Goodbye Greenwich! Next time I will actually get around to seeing the local attractions and the park. Caught the train to Luton airport. With Wizzair I wizzed all the way to Ljublana. We flew quite low and saw lots of mountains, towns in the valleys and a bit of snow on mountain tops. Caught a bus from the airport to the city. Then a non-English speaking taxi driver took me as close as he could to my hostel and gave me directions- speaking to me in a slow, loud voice doesn't mean that I will understand Slovene!! Made it to the hostel, all I had to do was walk over a bridge and past a few cafes along the canal. This hostel is in a great location- on the canal, in the middle of the Old Town and at the bottom of castle hill.
Had a shower- this one has temperature control!! Its amazing the things that I take for granted and assume is normal (also didn't have to continuously push the button for water).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

02 Hill02 Hill
02 Hill

Buildings along the river and the castle tower at the top of the hill.
03 Floral bridge03 Floral bridge
03 Floral bridge

Pedestrian bridge with flower boxes.
04 Dragon04 Dragon
04 Dragon

Dragon statue from Dragon Bridge and the castle in the background.
05 Dragon Bridge05 Dragon Bridge
05 Dragon Bridge

Dragon Bridge, at each end there are two statues of dragons that apparently wag their tails when a virgin walks past.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb