Wintery Christmas get away


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
December 25th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start to our Wintery Christmas get away. By 5.30am we were zipping along the quiet London streets towards Stanstead. Remind me never to go to Standstead again, such chaos, and as we found out on the way home £22.50 each to return back to London. But this was the only way to get to Solvenia. We were travelling with Adam, Myles, Tony and Craig. A team that required a large people mover to get us around. Scott was on point driving and I managed to squeeze into the fold out seat in the back with all the luggage. Our hotel for the first night was in the heart of Ljubljana. The city only has a population of ~250k, so it had a lovely relaxed feel. It was very Chritmassy with lovely lights and little stalls that were brimming full in the evening. I had already visited Ljubljana and Lake Bled (our stop for the next day), back in 2004 with Katie and Ant. The funnest moment of the day was lunch. We went to a pizza place for lunch and reading the dimentions of the pizza four of us order a medium each. However, Tony and Craig ordered the large. They were bigger than your arms trying to hug it, more of a giant family size pizza. The following morning we were lucky to awake to a bright blue sky and a bit of sun, which was perfect for a walk around Lake Bled. The place was as magical as when I visited many years ago. Needless to say we all went a bit photo mad. The drive on to where we were staying for Christmas was through a windy mountain pass so we took turns in the back seat and had to take a few motion queezy stops along the way.

Early afternoon we arrived at Nebesa a mountain top lodge with splended views of the Soca Valley. Given the weather conditions we didn't managed to get a glimps of the mountains range on the other side of the valley. We spent the next 3 days relaxing in our cabins, talking short walks in the mountains and eatting. Oh and a dip in the heated pool!

It was a lovely few relaxing days away. Merry Christmas!
PHOTOS

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb