The Spring


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
June 10th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last few days I have gotten to see more of the country side in Solvenia. On Sunday we went to a small village and saw a small castle and its ruins and we walked around a bit and then we went and saw this spring, this by far was the highlight of my trip.

When you first got out of the car at the spring you looked up as saw the jagged outline of the Alps which were cover in snow, but you could not see all of it because there was a storm coming. As your eyes came down from the top you began to see the lush green color of spring which is everywhere. In the valley that is surrounded by mountians there is a small restaurant and a small, cute chapel. But all the time you are standing here looking at this beautiful landscape you hear the water of a stream. Behind you is a beautiful, clear pool of water, it must of been at least 6 feet deep at its deepest point, but you could still see the bottom. To your right there is a small dam that the water flows across and as you look down the stream you see a high bridge that frames the landscape. Then to your left is the actual spring, water is not rushing but coming down the waterfall at a relaxing pace. The waterfall is not dramatic but the water follows the earth down as it is almost in a layer fashion. As we begin to leave it begins to rain and the water drops are coming down but it does not matter because it is still one of the most spectacular things I ever have seen.

I also should mention that i walked around in this spring and it was soooo cold and my feet were forever cold. I also drank from the spring and i could fell the coldness for another 15 minutes in my throat.

After we came back from the spring we went and saw Mojcas grandfather where we had pizza and he gave us chocolate bars!! So sweet.

Advertisement



11th June 2008

Spring
Hi Cindy, Loved the photo of the spring! Have a blast and be safe. Kathie

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb