Trnovo


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
July 6th 2021
Published: July 6th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Off the beaten track in Trnovo

Our tour started on Trnovo Bridge, built between 1929 and 1932. Jože Plečnik's project of the Gradaščica channel embankments' reconstruction. It was designed with respect to the features of the Trnovo Church, the Bridge forms an extension to the church square and the pyramids adorning it imitate the shape of the Church's spires.

We entered the church of St.John the Baptist where modern art sat well with ancient and traditional aspects of the church.

A tiny park with sculptures of Slovenian impressionists was tucked away not far from the church.

We strolled along the stream that divides the Boatman village and the Fisherman village.

It was interesting to hear how houses were built with two windows at the front but the entrance door was always to the side.

As the stream met the river we had lovely views of the castle and beyond.

Poor Mateja got stuck in very heavy traffic which meant the tour was delayed starting but I am so glad I was able to stay on line and enjoy visiting off the beaten track with her in Trnovo.



http://www.heygo.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement









Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb