mountain biking in slovenia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
October 15th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

gondolagondolagondola

The gondola ride up - Hugo was somewhere down the bottom
14th october

Mum and Dad had organised a day where we could hire good bikes and helmets so we could go mountain biking. The only bad thing was all the down hill had age limits of 14years so me and mason couldn't go on hem (Mum said it was a good thing). At 10 o'clock we got the cable car up to the top of the hill where the trails were. Dad walked up because he wanted to save money, he said he wanted the challange and Mum said he wanted a break from us. Up the top we got our bikes, well i did anyway, Masons came up on the cable car because he was to small for the ones on the top. My bikewas a GT avalanche, massive suspension and good brakes. mason and blakes were womans bikes but it didn't matter mason loved his bike and so did blake. Blake actually fitted inside the bike and not on top of it. He looked funny.

We planned to do the 0:2 track which was about 15km. The guy we hired the bikes off said it would take 2-3hours. Mum & dad were running, he couldn't believe that
The MTB trackThe MTB trackThe MTB track

Slovenia MTB
but he did say and if we wanted to do so more we could bike out to a hut that was on the track . We found the start of the track. For the first 2km it was down hill and for the rest it felt like up hill. Blake was use to Skippy so for the first 2km downhill he braked and pedalled at the same time. Skippy has really bad brakes. Dad explained that you only needed to brake at the corners. We went a bit quicker after that.

The bike ride was cool. The trees were all sorts of colours, red, orange, yellow and brown. When the wind hit the trees it sounded like a stream. We were really high up on the mountain and the views were amazing. We biked through little villages and only saw 4 cars. The dam block is tame compared to this ride. Blake did really well. Dad pushed his bike some of the way but most of it he biked.

The ride only took us under 2 hours. We missed the track to the hut because we were expecting a lot longer ride so we weren't looking for it
DownhillDownhillDownhill

to scary for young children
when we needed to be.

Mason and Dad rode back down the hill. They went from 1040m to 325m in 10 - 15 minutes. Blake and I went back down in the gondola with Mum. It stopped 1/4 of the way down at about 100m up. Mum told us to stop moving and that it would start again. She was holding her seat firmly. It did start again.

The afternoon was spent in the sun and doing jumps on our hired bikes. It was hard to take the bike back. I nearly cried.

15th October
We went on a boat. We all had a turn at rowing. We found a flash campground at Lake Bled and the lake was green. Anton wanted to go for a swim, go on the slide and splash into the water but it was closed. We saw three big fish in the lake. I saw the first one. We rowed around a castle. Anton and I tried to catch leaves in the water. Mum really rowed in a race when she was little, she got 3rd and 2nd. Now she has blisters from rowing so has Dad.

The showers are hot
Sun BathingSun BathingSun Bathing

Blake the hard man after mountain biking.
and the toilets are flash. We have been to two flash camps in a row. We got two rackets and we played badminton but there was no net so the brothers and I made a net with some rope and our chairs.

Mum cooked a nice dinner and nice chocolate cake and the icing was yum on the cake.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

World ChampsWorld Champs
World Champs

Pohorje have had the World Champs for 6 years - you should go Uncle Chris.
Mum and IMum and I
Mum and I

Lake Bled
The Brothers and DadThe Brothers and Dad
The Brothers and Dad

Dad is rowing a little bit fast.
The castle.The castle.
The castle.

This is the castle in the middle of the lake.
Mum rowing.Mum rowing.
Mum rowing.

Mum make the boat go around and around.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb