Piran & Potoroz


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Istria » Piran
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Pula feeling a little down so we were very exicited when we found ourselves in the beautiful towns of Potoroz and Piran, both are on the Slovenian coastline which is only 43kms long.

These towns are very different. Potoroz is the Slovenian version of the French Riveria, a series of hotels along an esplanade. We decided we would stay in Potoroz and then drive the short distance to Piran for dinner.

We spent the morning looking around and the afternoon laying by the pool area of our hotel,
which was very nice.

We travelled into Piran for dinner, but not before dowing a few cocktails at the local Irish Pub overlooking the Adriatic Sea. It really doesn't get much better!!

Tim's team also travelled to Piran for dinner so it was nice to catch up with them.

We had a great dinner at a traditional Slovenian restaurant where Glenn was entertained by some traditional dancers and musicians.

The next morning we travelled back to Piran to have a look around. It is a beautiful coastal fishing village and very old.

We would highly recommend a trip here.

After lunch we headed back to Ljubljana where we were looking forward to a weekend of racing.

It was good to give Matt a highlight as he was heading back to Nice to catch up with his friends on Sunday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb