Day 3.2 – Thursday 10th September 2015 – Belgrade, Serbia


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade
September 10th 2015
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Itinerary part 2 - Continue to Belgrade (Beograd), the capital of Serbia, for one night where Dinner is included at a restaurant by the river.

After we all dried ourselves off from the pouring rain we headed off to Belgrade where we were give some free time to walk about. The problem was it was still so wet; no one wanted to get of the coach, except for my coach buddy Mary. She ran to the nearest shop to find an umbrella while the rest of us travelled back to the hotel. Once we settled down dad and I thought we could get a taxi back into the centre of town but it was just a little bit too far away from our hotel to be worth the time. It was a shame as this was the only day here but it’s a good excuse to some back. We got to our hotel room, it was a little odd. Dad and I got our own little room and mum slept on the smoky sofa bed. Bless her.

We headed back to the coach to pick up Mary and head off to the restaurant. The restaurant was really nice, it was called Restoran Amphora. There was a budgie there too and a tree made of bottles. Everyone sat down at their tables; mum, dad and I sat with Mary as there was no space on any other table but that was ok as we had our own little area. The food there was really nice, but like with the rest of Eastern Europe it was all MEAT!! We had sausage, burger and a chicken skewer with chips and about 3 pieces of vegetables. For desert we had a traditional cherry strudel. My dad collects bottles of beer from all over the world so we tried to pinch the bottle from this restaurant. Problem was I have left my big bag in the hotel and it would not fit. Mary kindly stowed the empty bottle of Lav (Serbian Beer) in her bag for us. All in all it was a lovely evening; I got to know Ali a bit better too and just had a laugh really, selfies all round.

We headed back to the hotel after a very short walk back to the coach and just slept. A lot of driving and a lot of rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb