The Story so far.....


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » North » Novi Sad
May 15th 2011
Published: May 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey All,

We decided to keep a travel blog of what's been going on through our adventures of gnarly trip through Europe. I'm pretty sure myself (Ryan) and Dusan will both be writing on this so there is a pretty easy way to figure out who is writing. Dusans will be perfect in punctuation and grammar, where mine will be a shit storm of spelling mistakes and commas.

So lets start off at the beginning. We left Vancouver May. 7th accompanied by Dusans family, and until the boarding gates my family. There we hung out ate Subway and watched our Canucks play to a lead going into the 3rd period against Nashville (to which we later found out they had lost that game :^( ), but during the beginning of the third period we reluctantly turned off our phones and headed for the plane. The first flight of 10.5 hours to Frankfurt wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Special thanks to this laptop and Game of thrones for getting us through most of the flight. With out these I'm sure the flight would have been just awful!

Aaaaaaaaanyways, we get into Frankfurt for our less than stellar 8.5 hour layover. We basically sat in Mcdonalds and watch planes land. Don't get me wrong it's awesome, but only for the first 3 hours. This layover was so much worse than the whole flight prior! I'm sure Dusan can confirm this as well! After our crazy long wait we boarded the plane heading for Belgrade. That's about all I remember from the flight other than the bro in font of my rocking techno beats all flight. After we landed we took a bumpy 2 hour ride to our final destination of the day Novi Sad!

The next 3 days involved us walking around town doing some site seeing, we visited a fortress in the town across the danube river that was built back in the 1600's. A little less fierce now that it has a nice restaurant with good beer at the very top!

After those 3 days we made the trek to our current location stara moravica. A tiny little village 2 hours outside Novi Sad where we're doing garden work, and eating. Not so bad so far! Can't complain about the weather either, it hasn't been under 25 degrees the whole time we've been out here.

.....Well that's the story so far. Hopefully we'll have more to update you with later. Right now things are kinda slow. But we will be watching the canucks game tonight. Game 1 baby, Go Canucks Go!

Ryan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb