Novi Sad


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » North » Novi Sad
June 29th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Novi Sad 2-3 (June 29-30)



I met the rest of the group on the work to the train station. Our train trip was a warm but comfortable enough one on the way to Novi Sad, Serbia. The border crossing was pretty painless and we were soon there.

We had lovely rooms in Novi Sad. The town had a very alive feeling and lots of cafes. Our orientation work took us past the local market and over the Danube to the local fortress. The interesting feature on the clock tower was that the hands were opposite to what you expected the long indication the hour and the short the minutes. Something to do with making it easier for boats on the river to tell the time. It was also interesting to learn that anyone with a view of the clock had to pay more tax (rates)!

We had a coffee on the terrace area on the fortress, before heading back across the river and hoping the storm wouldn’t break. We met again at 5 for a short drive to a local village and winery and honey museum, followed by pizza on the hotel terrace.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

ClocktowerClocktower
Clocktower

What time is it? (Hint it's not ten to 6)
Games in the streetGames in the street
Games in the street

Love the local cars


Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb