Moscow to Yekaterinburg - First 30 Hour Train Journey


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Urals » Yekaterinburg
July 9th 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Train Journey


We wake to find our cabin buddies gone and a new team member in their place, well we use the term arrive very vaguely as she was there in body but spent the next 15 hours asleep, she had an arse like a member of the Klumps and she was sporting a leopard skin pair of PJ's that made me think of that scene in road trip ' what are those - did you skin a cheetah'. Fed up with the site we move towards the restaurant car in search of cold beer and company!

Success we found cold beer and an English chap to communicate with. After many beers Costa thought he was 'in' with the Russian waitress and proceeds to woo her with his pidgin Russian and his phrase book - to no avail, but he was on the same train for another 55 hours, after deciding to do the long journey of Moscow - Irkutsk around 80hours ish, so he may have been successful!!!!

After been told in no uncertain terms that the bar was closed we leave the restaurant car and head back to our cabin were leopard woman had risen from her all day and most of the evening coma like state, she was watching a Russia war film and then switched off the TV to go back to sleep.

We arrive at Yekaterinburg at about 1am local time, bearing in mind the whole train network in Russia runs on Moscow time regardless of the 10 time zones the country has. We check into the hotel across the road, an interesting little place, it is an old Soviet hotel and still looks its age! Still we slept pretty well!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb