Ulan Ude with the French Dudes


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Ulan-Ude
July 24th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ulan Ude


So at 6am we arrived in Ulan Ude. This is the capital of Siberia and Ulan means Red in Buryat. We were staying at Baikal Ethnic Hostel for 1080r for 2 in a private room. It was well out of town but in a really peaceful area. We were staying with the French dudes (Charles, Xavier and Evrard). After a quick power nap we headed into town to sort out our bus for the next day to Mongolia. This turned out to be a nightmare. After 2 hours of trying we came to the conclusion that the direct bus wasn't happening (fully booked) and we would have to get more than one bus. So off we went for a potter around UU. There wasn't actually much to see apart from the massive Lenin Head so we had lunch in a tiny little place where G finally got her Russian meat dumplings she's been harping on for and we brought dinner to cook back at the gaff from a massive market.

The French guys excelled themselves in the kitchen department, we had a yummy salad for starter spaghetti and beef (from a tin) with toms for main and watermelon soaked in vodka for pudding, washed down with lots of beer and Russian champagne, followed by a few games of ping pong.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb