A whole different russia


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, moscow is deffinately very different than Saint Petersburg. We had a great time exploring the Kremlin. in one of the museums, i met a businessman from Vladivostock (near Japan) who was describing the differences between moscow and vladivostock. it was interesting to listen to a russian's opinion of the differences in cultural areas (very similar to the differences in different parts of the US). we went to a cathedral where i also met a young russian named Vladmir, who gave me his number and a cassette of russian church music to remember him by. i have yet to meet an american man who was so sweet andfawning- keep that in mind, boys!! 😉 we also took a tour around sergeiv passat. this is an active orthodox monestary where we got a private tour of the rich and intrigueing decour of the orthodox churches. it is just very important to remember that girls need their heads covered and men need them uncovered in all the churches and cathedrals. we had lunch at an adorable tourist location that is total russian decour. most of the people there were tourists, so it is not a 'real russian experience' but they have beautiful folk decorations and souveniers available to purchase (which i didnt want to carry since we had a long way to walk, so i left empty handed). Overal, Moscow was a good experience. i thought it was fun to drive on the bus thru the suburbs and see many single-building McDonalds with drive-thrus (with outragiously long lines) with all the signs in russian. i would have taken a picture if the windows were more visible.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb