Romania Day 2


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania
July 27th 2015
Published: July 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today began with breakfast, after breakfast we had class. In class we discussed some the seen homilies given by George Calciu to his students during lent. After class we had lunch at KFC which was very similar in that the severed fried chicken but different because instead of mashed potatoes that would serve French fries, and the store had many deserts, coffee, and alcohol. I find this very strange because I see KFC as a fast food restaurant and not some place where you would go and sit down and eat. After lunch we had a short break and then we went to visit a museum. The museum was called: The Memorial of victims of communism and of the resistance. The founder of the Museum Ana Blandiana and her husband came to meet with us and to inform us about the museum. Ana’s husband started off by telling us some of the history of communism. To me it is amazing how many horrible things happened to people and how it has been sheltered from the rest of the world. Such things include the torcher that the victims endured which was depicted by pictures drawn by former detainees. These pictures showed people being bound and then having boards hitting the prisoners hands to break them, they showed prisoners being electrocuted, being kicked in the mouth, etc. Other forms of torcher that did not happen in the prison was internal relocation. There was a barrier on the boarder of Yugoslavia and anyone that fell in this barrier was picked up and moved to the Eastern part of Romania. Where they were moved they were not given supplies and they had no money so they had to start a new town by living off of the land. This is horrible and I cannot even imagine what that would be like. These people did nothing wrong but yet they were being moved so they did “get influenced” but the other country. I just don’t believe that someone could be that horrible to another human being. Other things that Ana shared was about the cemetery outside of the prison which held the bodies of the former prisoners. One thing I found interesting was that they do not know where the prisoners were buried because there were not any grave markers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb