day 8


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania
August 1st 2015
Published: August 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today is day 8! First off let me begin by saying that the mountains here are BEAUTIFUL!! Anyways, we began today with taking the train four hours to Fagaras. While on the train we got to experience several amazing views. My favorite thing about the views was being down in the valley and looking up at all the villages with their red clay roofs. Also along the way something I thought was beautiful were several patches of Black Eyed Susan’s scattered across the prairies. Once we made to Fagaras we were met by two cars that drove us through several small towns. Once at the hotel we had to wait for our rooms to be ready so we sat outside and talked, at this time Alex and I found a stream behind the hotel. Once our rooms were ready and we placed our luggage in them we then went for dinner where I had Gordon Blue and it was very delicious. After dinner we walked to the monastery that was nearby. The first thing we did was walk around the outside of the monastery where we saw the cross that was set up as a memorial to the people that fought in the mountains (we learned about this yesterday in class). We then walked up to a small pond where you could see the fish swimming near the surface, in the background was the mountains at the top is was foggy. This image was just indescribable because not only were you seeing this beautiful place but you were breathing in the fresh mountain air. We then walked to inside monastery, the monastery was beautiful the walls and ceilings were covered with paintings. After we walked along the shops near the monastery where we got a Gogose (similar to a donut) which was very delicious!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb