When in Rome ... ania


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Sibiu » Sibiu
July 30th 2015
Published: July 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while ...

We've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to update you, sorry. So after Prague we drive to Vienna, it was a pretty painless drive and the roads were scenic. Vienna was much better than we thought it was going to be, we had a guided tour from a couple of Joss' friends and managed to find enough time to see all of the main sights in a day. We then went to Jason's uncles house for a lovely meal which was very welcome (and very tasty).

Then came another trouble free drive to Budapest. A soak in a traditional spa was in order that evening. The evening entertainment was a pub crawl to some traditional bars, meeting fellow travellers along the way. A great night, and not such a great following morning.

Despite a few headaches we managed to follow tour guide Jason around the highlights of Budapest. We had a great Goulash lunch at Frici Papas and an even more filling meal in the evening with Jason's cousin. We spent the evening in an "escape room" ... Basically a room that you get locked in and have to riddle your way out ... A good laugh. The food in Budapest is great and it's the first place we've been to that we felt there was more we could have done if we had longer.

Then came a mammoth drive to Sibiu, a place that most won't have heard of, but that's perhaps why it's so good. A bit of a hidden gem in Romania. The border was quick and easy, despite having to pay €6 tax because our car is a "pickup" ??? We had a scenic drive across Romania and a lovely evening in Sibiu with the best food of the trip so far!

We'll wander around Sibiu a little more tomorrow and then drive on to Bucharest 😊 hopefully have more time there to write a little less rushed blog.

We're all well and having a great time! No fall-outs yet too!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb