Romania's got BEAUTY - SIBIU


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Sibiu » Sibiu
May 9th 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Romania's got beauty, indeed. I think I've never denied it, but I've never embraced the idea, either. But ROMANIA HAS GOT BEAUTY. Beauty we do not promote or capitalise on, but nevertheless Romania's got tremendous natural and man-made beauty. History. Culture. Despite the horrible weather, I went into raptures about the historical monuments, cathedrals and sites we visited this past weekend. Amazed, delighted, mesmerised, bewitched. In addition, the German influence has definitely left its mark on the level of culture, civilisation and people's life-style. 'Thank you', 'sorry' and 'pardon' are just as often heard here as anywhere else in the civilised world. Amen to that!

SIBIU, formerly known as the European capital of culture is a little paradise where everything old remains untouched and keeps on telling a beautiful story about ancient times that were, perhaps, a little happier. The architecture of the town, the defence walls and the towers leave you open-mouthed. I was gutted to see the weather turning more horrible and rubbishy by the minute, but decided that it wouldn't stay in the way of our plans and fun-packed weekend we had long been longing for. So, umbrella in hand and huge grin on my face, decided to spend 31st anniversary in style. Obviously, what I call style: wondering about the town, the historical area and the old market, with the lovely, cosy little coffees, the towers and historical buildings springing up everywhere. What a delight to see all these! Climbing the 10000 (slight exaggeration) steps to get to the top of the Tower of the Evangelic Church proved to be quite a daunting challenge, but the endeavour was totally worth while when we got to the top and could see the breathtaking view over the city of Sibiu.

Enjoy the pictures, and why not? Next weekend it it's not overcast and chilly go and see all these beauties for yourselves!!! They're totally worth it!!! 😊)




Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 13; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb