A new day, a new year


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Salaj » Simleu Silvaniei
January 1st 2005
Published: May 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Jan 1 2005!

Buna ( Hello ) from Romania. Today was a slow start as we recovered from a lack of sleep and an abundance of fireworks. Really, this one firework shot over our heads, missing by inches, bounced off the wall and exploded on the front porch. It was the best night of my life!
We started around 11:30 and ate a late breakfast. The vans showed up at 12 as we went to visit another Gypsy village. The village of Nusfaleu has one of the more established Gypsy churches and a large congregation. The cold drizzle started early and stayed the whole day. But nobody was discouraged; in fact they hardly seemed to notice. The church had gathered all of the families in the village so we had a very large group. How large? We gave out 130 food bags today!
This day was very special as the Gypsies handed out the food bags to their own neighbors. For many years the villagers have said that those who went to church only went because they got food. Tony hadn’t handed out food bags for six years at that village so it was mostly jealousy. Today things were different because the Gypsies showed love to their neighbors by sharing their food. It was as simple as that. That is how we show love. It meant a lot to the unsaved Gypsies. It was rewarding for all of us to be able sit back and watch the Gypsy church take care of their community.
Gilbert and Tarl spoke from their hearts and we saw around 10 more people saved. Praise God!! After leaving the village we all were able to rest for a few hours. We then had dinner at the Sabous’ residence. It was a wonderful evening of Romanian cuisine and fellowship. Our new friend Vlad and his mother sang “In the Garden” in their language, Shannon played her guitar and sang, Matt fell asleep, and Carl got his hair braided. We praised God and had a great time.
This trip will be very well documented between 8 digital cameras and 2 video cameras almost every minute will be captured. But, it’s the things that you can’t capture on film, that have had the most impact. Geese fighting in a circle and vans sliding in the mud down hill. Kids, for whom Christmas was just another day, jumping over a weed and having fun, and a Gypsy Bunica (Grandmother) weeping uncontrollably because she has Jesus. These are the things that have made this trip great.

Talk to you tomorrow, Continue to pray…
Gilbert and Cindy


Advertisement



1st January 2005

Happy New Year!
Hey guys! It's really great to hear about all the stuff that has been going on over there. Praise God for all the souls that have been saved! Keep up the great work and stay healthy. We're still praying for all of you. Can't wait to see pics and the vids. =Þ - Eunice
2nd January 2005

Sunday Afternoon
Hey Guys, Its great to be able to catch up on your day when I check the email. Thanks for all of the effort of the ones who write.:) Sounds like a great time you are having. Pastor asked for prayer for your team today in church. Tony said that there were 13 in the college class today. Its warm inOrlando today unlike last Sunday. Windows are open. Miss you guys. Love Bev (mom) - Bev and Dan

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb