Visiting the Work


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Salaj » Simleu Silvaniei
July 8th 2005
Published: July 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Camp ConstructionCamp ConstructionCamp Construction

This is our construction team working on one of the bunkhouses at the camp
Today started out with breakfast as usual (in Romania I mean). We were greeted with a brief thunderstorm this morning, but it soon cleared off for another beautiful day. Then the drama team (teens) met us at Tony’s house for the first time since we got here. We loaded two busses and Tony’s car and started our hour and a half ride to Camp Joy. We twisted and turned through the mountains and ended up on the side of a hill where several buildings stood. We were happy to see that the construction team was hard at work. We got to see the camp and meet other members of the Romania team as well as others who were joining them to work this summer. They were hard at work building 1 of the 3 new bunkhouses. Yesterday they spent the day laying a cement floor for one of the other buildings. We spent some time there and left them to their work.

The next stop was souvenir shopping!! We all spent some money on things that we probably don’t really need, but it was fun anyway.

After we were done with the shopping, we traveled another hour to the
David & JonathanDavid & JonathanDavid & Jonathan

These are the set of twins that I met 6 months ago at the orpahanage
House of Hope. This is an orphanage that houses 30 kids from birth to 18. We got to spend some time with these kids. They blessed us so much with their songs and hugs. I got to see some of the kids that I met on my previous trip. Piki has gotten so much taller. I don’t think that the clothes that we bought together in January fit her any more. The two baby twins, Jonathan and David are getting so big. They are about 10 months old now. I couldn’t believe that just 6 months ago these two little guys were so sick and tiny. They were laughing and smiling so much. Some of the teens played soccer with the kids. They all had a wonderful time. Leaving was hard on all of us, but as many have said we all left with a peace that these children are being well taken care of and that whatever situation they may have been in the past, it was over now, and they have a chance to grow and flourish and get to know Jesus and His love.

Next we traveled a few minutes to the city of Oradea. It
Football-Romanian StyleFootball-Romanian StyleFootball-Romanian Style

Some of the teens played soccer with the kids at the orpahage
was finally time to eat again. We had a wonderful meal at McDonalds. Most of us were starving since we hadn’t had a chance to stop and eat since breakfast. McDonalds is McDonalds no matter where you are. For me personally it was nice to have a taste of home, even if it was the greaser side of home!

Finally we called it a day took the two hour ride home. On the way home, we got word that our missing pieces of luggage had been delivered. We arrived to find the sleeping bags that were missing, but still no flannel board. We discovered, through a series of phone calls, that it had not arrived in Budapest until today and that it would be delivered “soon.” We are hoping and praying that it means that it will be delivered on Sunday. If not, we will have to go with plan B for the vacation Bible school.

We had a wonderful day today and we all look forward to spending some time with the Gypsy churches tomorrow.

Everyone sends their love!

Until tomorrow,
Amy 😊


Advertisement



10th July 2005

We're praying
What wonderful technology that gives us peaks into what you are doing. Rest assured that we are praying for you daily and cannot wait to see how the Lord is using you. We'll be especially praying in our small groups today at church. We love all of you and are faithfully holding the ropes back home.
10th July 2005

Sounds good
Hi again.Sounds like all is going well. Thanks for putting this together for us to read at home.It makes us feel a little closer to all of you. May our Lord continue to watch over you and all your endeavors. Love Dad piorkowski
10th July 2005

We're home
Hey Amy, We are home, glad things are going well for you over there. We are praying for you all. H-Dennis came ashore at Pensecola as category 3, minimal damage. NO reported deaths. More later, Love mom

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb