Romania Day 1


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
April 5th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So Rachel and I got up at 5:45am to head to Heathrow airport for our 820am flight.

Had breakfast at the airport and then got served the same breakfast on the flight, which Rachel woke me up for so I started the trip grumpy.

No problems at immigration both entering on our NZ passports - no need for a visa

Now we wanted to go to Brasov. So we asked at information but because my Romanian accent is shit they didn't know where we wanted to go (its pronounced Brashov sort of) so they said get the bus downstairs to the main train station. We bought tickets (around 30 Lie each) and the driver kindly helped us validated them. Which was fortunate because 3 stops later a ticket inspector got on. We were fine but there was an english couple who didn't validate theirs and the whole bus got involved. So there was lots of pointing at us which made us a bit uncomfortable but thankfully we were off at the next stop. We found an information counter who again had no idea what I was saying untill I showed them how it was spelt which made them laugh. We got 2 tickets for 40 lei each and caught the 2 hour train to Brasov. A stupid man grabbed Rachel's bag to 'help' us on the train and showed us the wrong seats and then wanted us to pay him which was a bit annoying. Had a little nap and we arrived at Brasov.

We caught a tax for 15 lei to the hostel to save us the 30min walk with bags. The hostel was lovely! Kismet Dao - we got taken to our private twin room straight away and collapsed for a little while. We had a bit of an argument at this point but got over it quick enough when we both wanted some dinner.

We were recommended a traditional romanian restaurant that was 10mins walk from our hostel. This place was great. Food was cheap (costing us less than £6 each for dinner and a beer) and the people were so friendly and gave us lots of advice of what to do and not to do.

We strolled back to the hostel and fell asleep...well earned!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb