Sinaia


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
July 27th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

An easy and worthwhile daytrip from Brasov is to Sinaia, which lies conveniently on the train line to Bucharest. Like Brasov, it is surrounded by the Carpathian mountains, making it a perfect setting for the beautiful Peles Castle. From the castle, it is a short walk to the monastery, through a wooded area with sounds of a stream nearby, and also a man playing the pipes. Vendors sold grilled corn on the cob.

Back in Brasov, I finally took the cable car, which goes to the Brasov sign at the top of the mountain and provides a beautiful view of the city.

On my last day in Brasov, I went to yet another water park. I didn't realize until the day before that there were two water parks in the city. I went to the one called Paradisul, which is my favorite of all the ones I've been to on this trip. It was less crowded than the others, and very spacious, with an Olympic-sized swimming pool, six other pools, and three large saunas. There was a pool called the Grotto, which was shallow enough to lie in. The room was dark except for colored lights along the walls and on the ceiling (mimicking stars), with music and a slideshow of scenes from around the world projected on the ceiling. It was a little frustrating that so many people came to the Olympic-sized pool to hang out, when there were six other pools for that purpose. All the loafers forced the lap swimmers way too close to the diving platforms, which was annoying to the divers (including me) as well as a little scary.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Brasov viewBrasov view
Brasov view

standing next to the Brasov sign on the mountain


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb