The Road To Transylvania - Part 10 - Brasov


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
September 12th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Brasov

Brasov is the capital of Brasov County.

"Natural" Hotel!"Natural" Hotel!"Natural" Hotel!

One hell of a place...
Brasov
Friday 15th February 2008

This would be our last full day in Transylvania, and our last full day of the trip. Due to unforeseen financial problems we’d been forced to terminate the trip early and had booked a flight back to Liverpool out of Bucharest.

We spent the first portion of the day returning and booking into the hotel we’d visited the day before. Yes it was expensive but we wanted to go out on a high! The hotel was centrally located, immaculate and I managed to get a room of my own! Our waistcoat-wearing, excitable host was more than a little eccentric; his energy and enthusiasm was greatly appreciated after the previous night’s questionable experience in The Rolling Stone hostel.

Snow was beginning to fall, and as this was the first time we’d seen snow we were getting rather excited. We decided to take the cable car up Tampa Mountain in order to appreciate the view of Brasov, and to visit the huge ‘Brasov’ sign overlooking the city. The snow was falling quite heavily at the top of the mountain and the walk was slippery...

Our evening in Brasov was probably one of the most
A proper bed!A proper bed!A proper bed!

Not sure what the gold is all about though...
memorable. We’d just eaten dinner in a very nice restaurant and were stepping out of the door when we saw snow - lots and lots of snow! It had fallen rapidly whilst we’d been eating, and just like children, we ran out into it throwing snowballs at each other.

Soon enough we were back on the main square, engaged in a massive snowball fight. It was a fantastic way to end the trip. To see the Black Church in full snow and darkness was a dream come true for me (pity Bucharest was waiting just around the corner).


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

HappierHappier
Happier

Certainly cleaner...
John and IanJohn and Ian
John and Ian

On the square
Rob and JohnRob and John
Rob and John

On the square
Cable carCable car
Cable car

About to take us up Tampa Mountain
Cable car routeCable car route
Cable car route

Up to Tampa Mountain!
Brasov!Brasov!
Brasov!

Back of the huge Brasov sign


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb