Portugal Road Trip!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
July 8th 2015
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Barcelona > Valencia > Porto > Sintra > Lisbon > Ferragudo > Seville > Toledo > Madrid

ParadiseParadiseParadise

Secluded beach - Ferragudo
A road trip through Portugal (and a bit of Spain - see Spain blog) with Scott, Anne and Lauren. We visited Porto, Sintra, Lisbon, and Ferragudo.

The cities of Portugal are simple yet charming with old and somewhat run down buildings that are traditionally clad in beautifully hand painted tiles.

The highlight of the road trip (and of Europe in general) was Ferragudo, South of Portugal. We had an isolated hill top house with a beautiful view of the sea and the city in the distance. The beach was just a couple of minutes walk away with brilliantly blue water and enclosed by steep rock cliffs. It was so peaceful and relaxing and it really felt like paradise.

Another highlight was Quinta da Regaleira in Sintra - a palace that is surrounded by a magnificent park that features wild and dense trees, lakes, caves, labyrinths, wells and has romantic structures scattered throughout. It felt like I was in the setting of a magical fantasy story!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sunsets and SangriaSunsets and Sangria
Sunsets and Sangria

Ferragudo house
Bottom of well - SintraBottom of well - Sintra
Bottom of well - Sintra

We were led to the bottom of this well through a labyrinth!


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb