Leiria, so small, so beautiful!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
December 9th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Leiria and Met Magda and her friends!! They were all so nice!!!! She drove around the outskirts of the city where she lives, very nice countryside!!!
Then we had a dinner.....chatted a lot with her friends....very interesting people!!! =)

The next day, She drove me to the beach!! WAAAAA!! Huge waves!!!!! great skies!!! very beautiful and bet the summer even better!! SHe has a daughter and she is sooooo cute! trying to teach me Portugese! while playing Monopoly! only numbers and colours she can say in English but its difficult enough that I cannot remember any of what she taught...haaaa! so bad...

Then, headed back to Leiria and I walked around town for the afternoon while she prepares a birthday party for her nephew. The Castle was nice up on a hill....but not too tempting for visits. A few cathedrals around and nice town squares....very beautiful, and peaceful too...esp. with the Xmas lights, it looks so nice when they were lit up!!!!!!
It didnt take long to walk through the whole city center..then headed to her nephew's house for the party...
Its a very western style family party.....LOTS of fooood!!! her mother made these traditional dishes..one with codfish, potatos.. and the other is duck rice...OOOOOOOO SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
Then there is this African dish (their family came from Africa actually....) with avocado and wine......delicious!!!!!
not forgetting the 5 desserts on the table plus a birthday cake....haaaaa!! I WAS SO FULL I actually had to drink this digestive drink to help digestion! haaaaa!! but very delicious....Portugese food is full of flavour!!! and its a blend....not so much the sauces and everything seperated....SO GOOOOOOD!!!!!=P

WIsh I had more time coz lots of the big sights are actually around the city..in the nearby towns.....^^"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.433s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.2268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb