What a Ride


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
September 27th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.6963, -9.1974

Early morning for the hard working travelers (yep, up before 10), and off in the car to Belem (Just a bit from Lisbon) to visit the National Coach Museum and a tiny monastery (with church). Then we were very sadly off from Portugal (we stayed way, way too little time. Alas, we understand Doozer and Baby Bird will send us back again). Next stop Merida, which is a bit across the Portuguese border in Spain. This place is reported replete with...guess what...yes, Roman ruins. BTW, our very nice three bedroom apartment here set us back a whooping $42. per night!

Lisbon, with the Atlantic being to the west, possesses a lovely climate. Our accommodation possessed no a/c and needed none. Not so in Merida as we arrived in a sweltering 92 degrees. Yet, with low humidity, not as bad as it would be in the southern US with the same temp.

Okay, okay Bird demands a note that we actually made it to Belem (the place that was closed yesterday).

Go Falcons 2-1, and rubbed out N.O.; our local college teams didn't fare so well.




Advertisement



27th September 2016

We are having such a great time on your trip--feel like we are with you all with the beautiful pictures you share and your journal updates--

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb