Sunday Morning Coming Down(Johnny Cash) Today in Porto has been cancelled


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
April 10th 2016
Published: April 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are pleased to say we did wake up in the morning and in fact awoke about 6 other times in the night as we tossed and turned, coughed and spluttered.

There is a Spaniard in Santiago who must be feeling red hot pins through his eyes about now!

We shall have to cancel today as neither of us is capable of getting out and about today.

Anyway at least the weather would be holding us back if it wasn’t for this flu virus we are both in the grips of.

There was an almighty thunderstorm blow in off the sea around daybreak preceded by short bouts of hail.

After over 12 hours in bed we thought that a nice warm shower might help revive the soul at least.

After that we had a very light breakfast of yogurt and fruit hoping that this would assist the transition of the flu out of our bodies.

Showers continued on until late morning making us feel that anyway we wouldn’t have got to see much of what Porto had to offer travellers of the BBA V3.

Then the sky did clear making us wonder could we somehow struggle down into the car and somehow get a short look at Porto.

That idea disappeared when another wave of the hot and cold flushes and aching joints came over us again and it was back to bed.

By the end of the day we started to feel that we should try and eat something a bit substantive in the hope that would improve our overall strength.

Somehow, Gretchen, who has been worse off than me, managed to cook up the small whole fish for me while she had a boiled egg.

A bit more DVD BBC comedy and although we realised we hadn’t even set foot out of the apartment we felt there was nothing for it but to drug ourselves up again and try and get more sleep to shake this cursed flu off.



We will have memories of Porto but all for the wrong reasons.

Advertisement



13th April 2016

Porto
Shame about Porto I thought was lovely- especially the port tasting -maybe that would have helped the recovery
13th April 2016

Porto
Shame about Porto I thought was lovely- especially the port tasting -maybe that would have helped the recovery
13th April 2016

Don't worry,our host at the AirBnB apartment gave us a bottle of tawny port so it is something we can enjoy into the future!
13th April 2016

Would the flu shot have helped?
Had my annual flu shot about the time your whole flu drama started and wondered if it would have helped the travellers.....they do try to get the best mix of strains after following the northern hemisphere flu season south. Hope you are both feeling much better and keep a watch out for potential relapses.
13th April 2016

Might have helped but didn't give the full blown flu a thought.In the past we have usually picked up a cold after a week or so which we have always put down to the a/c on the aircraft.But didn't get that this time.Much better now just a cough to get rid of.At least we are back to sightseeing and doing all that we came here for.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb