Madeira Flower Parade - Part 2


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
April 23rd 2018
Published: April 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Flower Parade - Part 2

It is difficult to imagine that all the hard work & effort is preparing for yesterday's parade was all over in 3 hours.

As we left our seating area, hoards of people were returning to their cruise ship for dinner, others like us found somewhere en route back to the hotel.

As we walked back, participants of the parade were still wearing their beautiful costumes and many still grasping their bouquets.

The carnival atmosphere was still going on and for some probably well into the evening.

We had an enjoyable meal overlooking the Marina, then back to the hotel fir a nightcap and an early night.

Here are more images of the parade so sit back and enjoy the rest of the parade.

Last evening and today all of the static floats were on display along the promenade area, with them being static there was plenty of opportunity to see close up all the detail that had been done to create such fantastic displays. One can only imagine the vast quantity of flowers that had been used.

As I wandered past all the different floats there were things I had not spotted yesterday. A white grand piano, a wicker guitar to name just a couple.

You could also appreciate more how the colours of the flowers were so well matched with the dancers outfits.

One of the displays was being dismantled earlier than scheduled and flowers were being given away to the public who, I'm guessing were mostly locals who know from experience what time to be in the display area. I was watching in awe at the enormous proteas, long cymbidium orchids and huge bunches of lilies that were handed out when the guy handed me a wonderful King Protea. !!!

A passerby could see the glee on my face and offered to take a photo. Hopefully I can get it home in one piece and preserve it as permanent memory of the day.

Back to the hotel,a leisurely stroll down the avenue of painted doors, always a favourite place for me to visit and there were some new designs but I'll let you see them another time.A selection of the photos at the end were taken today at the area where the floats were on display.Enjoy the rest of the parade.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb