Okay, Okay


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Sesimbra
June 18th 2011
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From a distanceFrom a distanceFrom a distance

This is the lot in Aldeia Gavinha
Okay, Okay...

Another few weeks have past and we have been doing lots of different things. Paperwork to legalize our status here in Portugal has been the most pressing but has to be done. Beyond that, we have rented a car and traveled around looking at areas in general and some properties that looked interesting on the net.

The landscape is pretty awe inspiring. We looked at a property that overlooked vineyards and wonder if we can afford to build here and still have money in the bank. It would be nice.

We also went to Peniche to have a look at the harbor, the town and the surroundings. While nice, I am not sure I would want to live here. Lots of construction and tourists and this was not on a weekend.

On a lark, we decided to enter a village into the TomTom and see where it would take us. After doing this for a few villages, we decided to head home. But, we found some really interesting locations. Aldeia Gavinha has a really nice feel and the three hillside lots of 5000+ square meters each were fabulous! Another area we looked into was Cartaxo.
closer lookcloser lookcloser look

Notice the windmills in the distance.
Not as dramatic but with all facilities and stores that one would need. And both locations are less than an hours from Lisbon.

We took a day to see some sights in Lisbon when we were there checking out a language school. We had lunch of fresh bread rolls with smoked salmon, from the store at Cais Sodre. With 9 Euros we fed two very well. We sat on the river from at Cais Sodre in the funny plastic planter/chairs.

Tomorrow I check into a hotel in Lisbon and Monday I begin language classes. 3 classes with other students and two private classes per day for two weeks. Do you think this will get me kick started?

Be sure and chck out the other photos I posted. There are 7! Just click below...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Coast 1Coast 1
Coast 1

Looking north towards Peniche
Coast 2Coast 2
Coast 2

Looking south away from Peniche


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb