Lisbon 10/04/08


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
March 31st 2008
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Players meet The LoyalPlayers meet The LoyalPlayers meet The Loyal

Woodsie bumps into JCD at The Airport.
Now that was a trip and a half!


The Lithgae Boys travelled Easyjet from Edinburgh to Lisbon Via an overnight stay in Luton while the Aberdeen Boys went Air France via Paris to Lisbon.

We all met up at the Hotel in the early afternoon but only after the Lithgae Boys went down the coast a bit to pick up the match tickets from a Portuguese contact we sourced through Mike.


We got showered and changed and headed out to the Marina area for a few hours and then thereafter to the centre of Lisbon where we were met by thousands of fellow Rangers' fans singing and drinking in the numerours bars around the main square. As ever the time passed in a flash and after a great night we summoned taxis back to our hotel which was a 10 minute drive away.


We all reconvened mid morning after breakfast and headed back to the pub we had such a magic time at the previous evening. The weather was excellent,with the sun coming out many times over the sometimes cloudy skies.Having around 22 degress for most of the day was a big boost esp
Players meet The LoyalPlayers meet The LoyalPlayers meet The Loyal

Mike bumps into King Carlos who is the love of my life..............and we love curly hair too!!
as the weather at home is so poor at the moment.


We had quite dreadful food at this bar by The Marina but that was made up by many bevarages throughout the day and with so many other fans around and about this made a fantastic atmosphere. We jumped in taxis to take us to the Stadium about 90 mins before the kick off.As expected the traffic at Tea Time was really really busy and we eventually arrived at Sporting Lisbon's incredible stadium with some 20 minutes to spare.


The inside of this Stadium is quite frankly unbeliveable.This place was redone for the Euro Champs recently and it is one impressive site.The atmosphere was incredible esp in the away end as the fans jumped around daft after such a magnificent result. The links of the game are on this page.


We eventually made it back to The Square after being kept in for nearly an hour after full time. As you can imagine there were hundreds of supporters milling about the local bars where we all partied into the night.


We all made it back to the hotel where we said our farewells as the Lithgae Boys were looking at an early departure on their route home whereas The Aberdeen boys had most of the day in Lisbon to soak up the sunshine.

Have a look at the piccies.You will see two Famous Rangers' players asked to be pictured with a couple of The Boys!!


We all agreed this was another fantastic trip where we all had a brilliant time...................Roll on Florence in Italy on Thursday May the 1st.









http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRfFOzwWRjU



http://www2.newsquest.co.uk/scotland/pdf/pavideo/Rangerslisbon/index.html





Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Bo'nessBo'ness
Bo'ness

straight off the top shelf
Bo'nessBo'ness
Bo'ness

2 Plastic ears appeared that looked so like Ravi's!
4 of the team4 of the team
4 of the team

and two sets of big ears,or is that three??
3 of the team3 of the team
3 of the team

and two sets of big ears,or is that three??
PelsPels
Pels

Bi Ravi was nae happy at this!!!
Woodsie,Bo'ness and a randomWoodsie,Bo'ness and a random
Woodsie,Bo'ness and a random

Big Ravi was nae happy at this!!!
WoodsieWoodsie
Woodsie

No idea what he is doing here!!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb