Lisboa 12/2013


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
December 12th 2013
Published: January 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Olá !!!

Um Pouco de Português

Finally. Yes that's the word that describes this destination that I want to visit for ooh soo long. Four lovely days in this beautiful and sunny city. I really needed to escape my town and feel a lil bot of sun. When I was still in the plane, I could see how cute and beautiful this city was.

Day 1:

Arrived very early in the morning, we went straight to our hostel called "Lisbon Destination Hostel" that is located in the "Rossio Train Station". Yes you read it very good, it was in the train station. After making the check-in, we took the metro to go to the "Estadio Da Luz", the football stadium of Benfica Lisbon. If you have read my previous blogs, you will know that I'm a football lover and a girl.

A nice guided tour of the stadium with a nice guide, what else?

By arriving at the staduim, we saw a huge shopping centre, "Colombo", so after the visit we wanted to make a quick stop their.

Back at the hostel, we want to rest, because of our very early flight.
Rossio StationRossio StationRossio Station

The Hostel is inside


By night we visited the neighbourhood,


Santa Justa Elevador
Rossio Square
Castelo de Sao Jorge



Day 2:

A full day to the city of Sintra. As we have our Hostel in the train station, It could not be easier to take the train. Do not really remember hew long the trip was, but it was between 30-60 minutes. Arrived at Sintra, we were still so exited that we decided to visit the town by feet. We started to walk to the first edifice that we saw, but after 15min we give up. Realising that it was not possible, we walked back to the station and bought a ticket for the "Sintra Sightseeing". Such a better idea.


Palacio Da Pena
Monserrate Palace
Castelo Dos Mouros
Cabo da Roca
...


The bus tour was divided in two circuits, the red one and the blue one. For one, the bus passes every 30min and for the other every hour. Because of this, we did not stopped everywhere, sometimes it was enought to take a picture from the bus. My preference was Cabo da Roca. What a beautiful view. I recommend it
Estadio Da LuzEstadio Da LuzEstadio Da Luz

Benfica Stadium
hardly.

Way back, we were so lucky that our bed was next to the platform. We spend a whole day at Sintra, and came like zombies back to Lisbon and like real zombies, we were hungry. So we had dinner in a typical Portuguese restaurant near Rossio Square.



Day 3:

Like every morning we took our breakfast at the hostel and we were ready to attack our last full day. Arrived at Belem with the typical tram, we passed through the Rua Augusta Arch.

At Belem, it is possible to visit a lot of monuments by feet ( see the 3 first below), drink and eat something with a view on the Tagus River with a view on the beautiful "The 25 de Abril Bridge".



Padrao Dos Descibrimentos
Jeronimos Monastery
Belém Tower
Ponte 25 de Abril
Cristo Rei



As this bridge was so awe-inspiring, of course our next stop was to see this bridge and also the Cristo Rei statue from closer. For this we had to go back with the bus, take the ferry and again a bus to finally arrive at the top of Lisbon.

Waaouw, the view was extraordinary,it was so beautiful, we had a total view on Lisbon. It was worth it to come till here. In one minute I felt in Los Angeles, because the Ponte 25 de Abril is a copy-past of the Golden Bridge and in an other minute I felt that I was In Rio De Janeiro. As I have never been to these cities I can not say which one is bigger et more beautiful. But having this two monuments in one place, it's extraordinary.

When going back to the hostel, we had an amazing sunset.

Yes, last night in Lisbon. We had to celebrate this by going out. But before a delicious barbecue was organised in the partner hostel near the river. So we went there and get to know new people all around the world, like Canada, USA, Bolivia, France, Brazil and others.

This is what I love the most, knowing new people, making new friends. It is like we know each other for years. Love this feeling.

Time to celebrate our last night in Lisboa boa boa :p . Rua Atalaia is the place to be. It is apparently the
SintraSintraSintra

One of the palaces
outgoing street for "young people".

Day 4:

Breakfast -----> Airport -----> Plane -----> Daydreaming about Lisbon and my next destination.


Kisses and Wanderlust




from Esa




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

SunsetSunset
Sunset

25th Bridge & Cristo Rei Statue


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb