Starfish Search and Rescue!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Tavira
April 15th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

April 11, 2008

After getting ready this morning, Julie and I met Katie at the bridge and walked to where we would get on the bus to Portugal. For once in my life I stayed awake on the bus because I was too busy reading my book “Playing for Pizza” by John Grisham.

A couple hours after we left, we arrived at the boat to take us to Ihla de Tavira, the island we would spend 5 hours at. We headed straight to the beach, after we changed, to work on our tans. When the sun was out, it was nice, otherwise it was very windy, a little cold, and the sand blew all over- not fun! We decided to go for a walk a little later to kill time. We found a bunch of washed up starfish and tons of shells.

Then we went to look for some ice cream. We found one restaurant and went to order. The owner started joking around with us for not knowing Portuguese. We told him when we returned next year, we would know Portuguese. Then we went to get our ice cream, but it wasn’t working, so he gave us another kind for free. He was super funny and really nice. Then it was back to the beach for more laying out, walks, and shell searches.

Finally the time to leave came, and we boarded the bus for our hotel in Portimao. We were really dirty and sandy, so Katie and I showered before we went out. Then we, along with Julie, walked around looking for a grocery store. We got a couple things and dropped them off at the hotel. We were starving, so we found an Italian restaurant, Bulli and Pepe’s. We all ordered pasta and were filled by the end. Very good! We were really exhausted from the sun, so we headed back for relaxing time and bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb