Fun in the sun! It is hot here!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
August 15th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Feranada's apartment building.Feranada's apartment building.Feranada's apartment building.

Feranada's apartment is on the first floor above the entrance.
Hi there,

We have been busy this past week! It has been very hot here in Lagos, even hotter than normal according to the locals! At night they say the winds would cool things off, but the winds weren’t here for the first few nights, so sleeping was a bit difficult.

The first few days that we were here we did not have a car, but that was ok, as we got to know the local area. To walk to the old town of Lagos it takes about 10 - 15 minutes, but on the way home it is up hill, so it took a lot longer.

We got a car on Thursday morning and what a difference that has made! We have been to the beach a few times (Nick and the kids are not that keen on the sand, they say it gets everywhere), the ocean is a lot cooler than in Croatia, but it is very refreshing when it is 30 degrees!

We also went to a fort that was on the side of a cliff! It was amazing to stand on these cliffs and then look down hundreds of feet to the ocean.

Then we went to the Silves Medieval Tournament! Now that was cool! We had to come home and rent Knights Tale!

Today, we went to the Lagos Zoo. Now I am not a big fan of zoo’s, but this one was ok. Marcus was taken with the monkeys! He spent a lot of time watching what they do!

We are having a good time, the weather has been very nice, but still on the hot side. This week coming up we will be doing so travelling to the different towns around Logas!

I heard that it is hot in Prince Rupert now, I am glad that you guys got the nice weather that we sent to you! Cheers, only two more weeks left and then we will be starting our journey home!

Take care, CK



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th August 2010

So good to hear about your travels. Everyone looks like they are having a good time - the pictures are fabulous. A trip you will forever remember! Looking forward to your return so you can totally fill me in. Glad the weather has been warm - it would be horrible to experience wet days. Take care, enjoy the last few weeks/

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb