Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
January 8th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday 8.1.2010 Day 85
Portugal

We did our washing and went for a walk to a fort along the cliffs it was a fantastic view (we forgot the camera) but we could not get to the fort by the cliffs so we went back and got the car it was not a very good fort and had been turned in hotel maybe by the government as they do that here some times. There is a bull fighting ring walking distance to our resort and on all our drives we see them in every town the size seem to be in proportion to the size of the town. None of the locals I have spoken to say they are in to it they all say they are in to football but someone must be going I am hoping it is not the tourists that are keeping them alive. Portugal and Spain seem to have more bull rings per square mt then anywhere else in the world!
The other thing they have a lot of is Storks and they love to build their nests on the electrical wire poles. I had never seen storks in the wild and cannot get over the size of them and their nests in Aus all we get to know about them is they deliver babies. I have now seen lots with their own babies in their nest. The other thing they show them as having nest on chimneys well I have seen some of them as well but not as many as on electricity poles I have taken lot of pic’s of them as I find them so fascinating.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.394s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb