A new day


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Alentejo » Vila Nova de Milfontes
April 9th 2017
Published: April 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

8th April

Nice lie in after waking early, always feels better doesn’t it? Bikes out & rode to reception to buy the machine token, complained about the dogs, came back & wrote up the blog for the last day or two. We took the bikes because it’s a 10 minute walk to reception, the site being so big...but almost deserted. After lunch we went off to the local beach, a 15 minute walk away. Wow! Beautiful bay / beach with enormous rollers coming in – there were a couple off surfers in the next bay. I’d forgotten how massive the Atlantic waves are. There were maybe 18 people on the beach, but it was Saturday....in April. Probably around 25*

We came back & took the bikes down to reception to get the WiFi & publish the blog. Read about the US strike in Syria, the Russian reaction & the attack in Stockholm – we live in ‘interesting’ & dangerous times.

A coach must have arrived out of view because around 50 teenagers & adults arrived who went into some cabins. They later came out in black trousers, white shirts, yellow ties & caps & walked behind the building. I thought, odd...are they a band? Finished the blog, walked round the back – nothing. Disappeared! No evidence as to how a coach had come or gone & no sound of music, not that I was expecting Julie Andrews. Is it just me....?

Earlier in the day I had written a statement to take to a local GNR as we had no intention of going back to where they had asked us to go. I wrote it in English, put it into Google translate & showed it to the girl at the bar to see if she understood it & that it made sense. Apart from 2 words (one of which was ginger!?) she said it would do, wasn’t perfect but ok. Her English was also OK in case you’re wondering.

Our French & German neighbours left today who were not newsworthy, except the French couple seemed to be afraid of daylight & had a dog the size of a hamster, ha!

So, today – no dogs, no snakes, no police, no hospitals, no idiot drivers but I sharpened my pointy pole, you never know....

”You won’t like me when I’m angry”....

Gone native.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb