"O Cruzamento" - Restaurant Review #1


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Alentejo » Grandola
April 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

O CruzamentoO CruzamentoO Cruzamento

Restaurant - Grandola - Alentejo - Portugal
Wether you’re on vacation in Grandola, passing by or simply going out for a meal, Cruzamento it’s the ideal stop to enjoy Alentejo’s delights. Located near the highway exit, it used to be the stop for truck drivers on the way to Algarve – nowadays lots of families from Lisbon and other parts of the country go there just to enjoy a rich and affordable meal.



It’s a spacious and natural lighted room with traditional furnishings and décor – the place setting is also typical. Friendly and helpful staff will serve you in the good and warm Alentejo’s way .



I strongly recommend you to try a traditional dish – they’re well cooked and served and one portion is more than enough for two. You can choose from “Carne de Porco à Alentejana” - fried pork meat cubes with clams and french fries – roasted kid or lamb or even the mouth-watering house specialty: Jantarinho – a ceramic bowl that comes with boiled meat (usually lamb) with chickpeas, cabbage, potato and chouriço all mixed together and seasoned with the boiling water, a little portion of tomato skin and cilantro.



Complement your meal with an Alentejo’s wine – one of Portugal’s finest producing regions. You can choose from a wide range of light, crisp and slightly effeverscent green wines if you’re eating fresh fish or, one of my personal favorites – Adega de Borba - a stomping and flavoured red wine.



I advise you to save some appetite for a traditional dessert – one portion is enough for two, so I recommend you to try two different types and share them with someone.



At the end you’ll be surprised with the price – a full meal with bread, cheese and olives as starters, main course, wine, dessert and coffee will be around 8 eur per person!



You must try it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb