Explore Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
January 19th 2018
Published: January 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Auschwitz is known for the largest Nazi concentration camp and extermination centers during World War. There were three major camps used for prisoners and forced labor. This place is known as the resting place of more than 1 million people. Now it is considered as a historic area where tourists can explore Auschwitz - Birkenau Memorial and Museum to know about history and knowledge of the incidents at this location during World War II. Many tour packages are available when you want to explore Auschwitz Memorial and Museum to become a part of all historical incidents and moments.

When you choose the packages for Auschwitz tours, you will explore 13 reason blocks at this Museum area. In this museum, you will witness the documentary photographs of all the victims in these Nazi concentration camps. It is a perfect place for every tourist who is interesting in some historical artifacts and knowledge about these camps and extermination centers during World War II. With Auschwitz camp, another major camp named Birkenau is located only 2 kilometers to the west.

Historical facts about Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum:

Auschwitz was chosen for these concentration camps because it is located near the railway junction having 44
Auschwitz planAuschwitz planAuschwitz plan

History.com
tracks of rail lines. These rail lines were used to transport the prisoners from Europe to this death place. The first camp for prisoners was established on 27 April 1940 and later day started to more camps in October 1941.

In these camps, they selected young and workable Prisoners for labor work.Some of the Prisoners were selected by doctors of the camp for some medical experiments. Wherever, mothers and young children were sent to gas Chambers directly. These were very harsh conditions for the prisoners because of minimal food and lots of work and torture regularly. According to the reports, more than 430,000 Hungarian prisoners were sent to these camps on 147 trains between 15 May and 9 July 1944. Beyond thousands of killings, two prisoners escaped from the camp with a proper plan. They reported to leaders in Slovakia to provide the details about these camps. In the summers of 1944, they started to bomb these camps. In early 1945, Auschwitz was abounded by Soviet Armies and more than 60000 prisoners were released from these camps.

The Germans destroyed some of the parts of these camps in 1945, Auschwitz I and II were still untouched. In the
ObozObozOboz

History.com
present time, both of these camps are converted as museum and Memorial. The Polish government is preserving these historical places as museum and Memorial for the tourists. This Memorial was labeled as UNESCO World Heritage site in 1979.

If you also want to experience the historical facts and feelings of all those prisoners in these camps, you can visit Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum with various tour packages. With a good tour package, they will provide services for transportation and accommodation to the tourists when you want to visit this historical museum and memorial in Poland to witness the history.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.393s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb