DOBRE Community Leaders Start LED Action Study Tour in Krakow


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
December 10th 2017
Published: December 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dzień dobry, Polska! With this greetings in Polish language, local government and business leaders of nine Ukrainian communities, that are partners of DOBRE Program (funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities) started their LED Action Tour to Poland. The tour's goal is to learn practical implementation of various local economic development (LED) policies and tools in rural communities in Poland - a knowledge once obtained and replicated would result in local economic development “action plans” and tailored projects that stimulate economic development, and increase the quality of life in newly formed amalgamated territorial communities (ATCs). Each community leader is accompanied by assigned LED consultant - a representative of either Ukrainian educational institutions, NGO, associations or other organization that serve as DOBRE Local Government Service Organisations (LGSO). The developed LED action plans will evolve into successful projects and results achieved will serve as models and motivation for other communities working to improve services and the quality of life for their citizens.

LED leaders represent DOBRE partner communities as follows: Askania Nova, Kochubeivska and Muzykivska of Kherson Oblast, Starobohorodchanska, Pechenizhynska, and Biloberizka of Ivano Frankivsk Oblast, Slobozhanska and Tsarychanska of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, and Baikovetska of Ternopilska Oblast.

Consultants of Odesa National Economic University (ONEU), Dnipro Regional Institute of National Academy of Public Administration (DP NAPA), Kolomyia Economic Development Agency (AEDK), Western Ukrainian Resource Center-Lviv (WURC), Podillia Development Agency-Vinnytsia (PARD), Business Center NGO of Chernivtsi and Institute of Sustainable Developement NGO of Kharkiv are supporting the community leaders in creation the action plans. All are seem excited and look forward to learn from the tomorrows visits to Raciechowice, Mszana Dolna and Poręba Wielka!

Thanks Bytsko Travel Group for making today's logistics smooth: in time LOT airtravel from Kyiv to Warsaw, Intercity train from Warsaw to Krakow. And Hi Best Western EfektExpress Hotel of Krakow: the dinner was good, the room is clean and warm (it's getting freezing outside)...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th December 2017

We are looking forward to get new knowledge and experience to share it with local community and to implement it here. We are sure it will stimulate local economy development and improve quality of life in the community!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb