Thursday


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » West Pomeranian » Szczecin
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thursday



We had breakfast again just after 8, and we weren't sure if we were leaving at 9 or 9:30 for school. Consequently when it turned out to be 9:30 we were all ready for once! John and Lynda kept us entertained by singing about zombies and other subjects.

Then Casia came to take us to the school on the tram & bus. We Sat through two presentations about the olympics, both sessions preceeded by a cartoon which crossed cultures quite readily. At each presentation we ended by doing a few songs to the audience.

Then it was off to get some lunch, and a quick play outside, before meeting the headmistress again (with lots of cakes) to say goodbye. This took a little while as many things were discussed and we had to go around the table saying what we had enjoyed about our school visit. The children went out to play for a while whilst the teachers discussed approaches to education. Then everyone was back for a presentation of gifts. The two girls got angels to look over them, the boys a cap. Each family was given an arrangement of dried flowers.
Then we had to go back to the hotel.

A quick turnaround for those making the longer journey to the evenings church, whilst Lynda Catherine and the children stayed behind as tiredness was begining to tell.

The voyaging party set off, and the journey was mostly smooth taking maybe an hour and a half. They got caught up in some road works. Once this was passed it was onto a ferry across a river where we could take a bit of a walk. Then back onto the mini bus for the last mile or two to the church.

The church was of an interesting design, and very light. It appeared to be on many levels, and Stuart found some matresses that he had brought over on one of his trips years ago.

Alison had agreed to give testimony, and John was preaching. All present joined in the choir, John graciously waiving the normal formal auditions in front of a panel of 5 to be in his ensemble. The church joined in with several of the songs, and Alison gave a moving testimony that several members later came to talk to her about. John was on form as usual, and we finished with another couple of songs. Then off downstairs to eat and discuss topics such as women priests, Catholic inclusion of Anglicans and other such highbrow topics.

Then suddenly Henrick stood up and said we must go, as we had only 15 minutes to get to the ferry - a 10 minute drive away. Alison did a hasty presentation to the cooks, and then we fled to the bus and made the ferry in time.

Then back home which went a little quicker getting back about 10:30.

Meanwhile - in the other camp...






Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb