Poland Tuesday


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » West Pomeranian » Szczecin
May 31st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the beach. First we called in to change some money and buy a few essential supplies.

Then travel to the sea, where we had lunch of varied dishes (from a restaurant, not the actual sea!!)

Then to the beach. Several hardy souls entered the freezing water for a swim. Some of us need post traumatic stress counselling for witnessing certain men folk in their swimsuits!!

Several children were buried and we had a deeply moving memorial service, particularly touching seeing David stamping on Mikey's grave!! Just to assure you all the children are very well, all alive and happy. They are making us all proud with how they all get on so well together and are really making the most of their Polish experience. As for the adults lets just say Stuart's word for the day was all about getting along with each other!! We only argued for ten minutes about what on earth he was on about ....

We then had some ice creams before departing for the church.

There Kevin gave testimony and John lead the music and sermon. This was followed by a meal of salads and cakes. We were touched by the generous hospitality and all enjoyed how music crosses all language barriers.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb