Semester two of the MBA: Warsaw, Poland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
February 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Second step of the MBA is in Warsaw, Poland. We found a place directly in the center of the old town and the downtown, train station area. 111a Marszałkowska or Marshal Street. Great location near to metro Świętokrzyska, one stop or 10 minute walk to Centrum.

Our time in Warsaw was destroyed by a very hectic schedule of nine classes very randomly placed all over the place. We would have a 8am to 8pm day then the following day 8am - 10am and 4pm - 8pm... it was annoying and took up much of our time. A couple weeks before we left, I had the realization that I didn't really know anything about where to go out. We had some visitors and almost didn't know where to take them.

Warsaw is a cool city, not much to see, but the people are nice, food is good, and you can actually see the sun, which was hard to see 99% of the days in Cologne winters. The weather was cold, when I arrived everything was covered in snow, but it was still pretty warm. I shared a one bedroom flat with a Polish guy in my group and traded off the bedroom and the couch bed half way through the semester. The flat had a huge TV and every channel possible. We were only there for three months for university, but we had about a month to travel at the beginning and the end of the semester.

The University of Warsaw was a great university, we had classes with extremely interesting professors and the dean. The classes were often discussion based, so even better. As for Warsaw, the underground areas near the train station are interesting. You feel safe and in danger at all times, the ceiling is leaking, creepy bums, but its crowded so you don't feel unsafe. The old town is ok, not very much to see, but there are great restaurants in the square. Once the snow melted off, the parks were filled with people drinking (illegal) or just hanging out. The transportation is great. The metro is very nice, but only one line, but the busses and trams are everywhere and convenient as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



19th June 2010

I really enjoyed your post and photos from Warsaw. I have always wanted to go there but haven't made it yet. The Old Town looks beautiful. My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb