Eurorail Trip Day 15


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
July 19th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we got to see what made Warsaw Poland amazing... it was a very very nice place and although the town looks a little suspect the touristy part is really nice and pretty.


We got up and had a breakfast, I would have to say one of the worst we have had so far... nothing to write home about yet. Anyway after breakfast we did our check out stored our luggage and hit the streets.
We went to see the old town in Poland, with its little cobble stone streets, it really is romantic and pretty, we took loads of pictures and walked around to see all the things that they call special. We then had a little sit and chat while we watched the little mossies bathing in the fountain. Definitely a highlight and the mommie birds feeding the babies. We then decided it was time for a lunch break.

We had one of my favourite meals for lunch, it was steak with chanterelles (these are special little white mushrooms) and roast potatoes with veg. Definitely one I would write home about and the apple pie afterwards too 


We then headed back to the hostel to chillax a little before a long night train to Prague... 10 hours to be precise. I don’t have pics of the cabin, so sorry our camera was not working but it was tiny with 5 beds in it, yes 5 ppl. It was crazy and we thank goodness had nice ppl we watched Ice Age 3 ( thanks rave we got it working ) and then went to sleep........


Not much sleep was got as it is noisy and the sounds wake up as we were warned of theft on the polish trains... anyway we did sleep with our belonging close at hand and we had to wake up at 6 the next morning to get off in Prague.



Till we meet tomorrow...



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb