Reunion


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally came the day I was looking for, our high school reunion. From Gdansk we drove to Wroclaw around 400 km. in 9 hours. Polish roads are horrible, but I could see everywhere road costructions, so there is a hope. So instead coming at 10pm. we arived after 12 at Krzysiu and Asia house. The next day we picked up Magda and Basia and 5 of us met rest of our old class in Szklarska Poreba to hike about 2 h. up the mountains. With us was our teacher with her husband. In my wildest dreams I have not expected to have such a good time. Once we all met, time went back 30 years. We all changed more or less outside but inside at least for those 3 days we were again teenagers. On Saturday we went for a hike with mixed luck with weather, a trail goes back and forth between Poland and Czech so the dinner we had on the Czech side with famous Knedlicki and good beer. On Sunday we headed down and said good bye and promised each other to meet again in the near future. Meanwhile Ania had a good time in Wroclaw with Kuba Asia's son and her much older son Michal. They went to Monkey Park on one day and next went around old Wroclaw in kind of game where they had to figure out misteries in order to find the next meeting point. She had as much fan as I had.
On Monday with Krzysiek we drove to Zielona Gora to visit my mother grave and today I am in Barlinek in my sister's house. In few days I will be coming home but first we will visit Berlin for 2 days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Jagodove Knedlicki z SyremJagodove Knedlicki z Syrem
Jagodove Knedlicki z Syrem

In english:dumplings with wild blueberries and cottage cheese
A very good czech jokeA very good czech joke
A very good czech joke

Czech language sounds very funny for us Polish people.
Beginnig of the river Laba (Elbe)Beginnig of the river Laba (Elbe)
Beginnig of the river Laba (Elbe)

With emblems of some of the big cities it passes.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb