Travel and Family


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
August 29th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Very early day with a 4:30 am rise to get to airport. We had pick up 4hours before departure time at CDG airport Paris. CDG airport is huge and the shuttle went to drop me off at the wrong terminal- lucky I was on the ball because they are separate buildings! An easy checkin, coffee and waiting. KLM were lovely to fly with but no gluten free so nibbles and fruit until late afternoon.

Wandered around Reynek Square which is your classic European square that hosts the essence of community and town life. Beautiful architecture. This city was flattened during the war and basically had to be rebuilt. And then recovery from being under the regime took decades and decades to recover from.

At night it comes alive with an almost festival atmosphere. This is the best outcome of their lifestyle of apartment living. Their backyard is the square with endless restaurants. I would never cook again if I lived here.

So much of this town has evidence of communism and invasion.

This is the home town of the bride to be!

After some meaning the heavens open and a massive thunderstorm erupted. Got back to my hotel which had the luxury of windows that opened so could enjoy the smell of lovely rain.

The Aussie wedding contingent met for coffee, followed a dinner elsewhere. Later that night Natalia’s family and all of us and a few friends all met in a beer garden for drinks and meet and greets. A very pleasant evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb