First entry


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
October 22nd 2014
Published: December 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys! So I'm finally finishing everything up, but finally the blog is up and running! So, I left Gothenburg at 5:40 pm Monday, and got on the train to Malmo, where we switched trains to the one going to Berlin, and then after that we got on the train to Kraków.
My first impression of Kraków? Cold. Super cold. But on the train from Berlin, I ended up next to this really cute girl named Michelle, and she was going to Auschwitz too! So we ended up exploring Kraków together, it was really really nice! We arrived at like 8 pm so there wasn't really that much to do, except to look for a cheap hotel and a restaurant... We stayed at the Old Walls hostel, which was very central, and really cheap! They also have free wifi, so... :P Anyway, as soon as we had left our bags in the lockers available we went exploring to find a nice restaurant, and lo and behold- we almost immediately found ourselves at the Farina, a fish restaurant(which is weird since Kraków is super far from sea). But it was great, and we went home happy and full 😊 Day 2 turned out great, as there were a bunch of buses leaving for Auschwitz, and we just hopped right on. It was very dark and saddening in Auschwitz (not that we expected anything else.) but also very humbling. Auschwitz was one of the biggest camps during the forties, and an estimated 1,1 million people died there. To me, it's so scary how the people who did this were just that- people. Humans are capable of such terrible things, and that terrifies me to no end. I learned a lot about Anne Frank, too, since she stayed there before being deported to Bergen-Belsen. After that we went home, and watched some Netflix. On day 3, however, Michelle got into a fight with a guy staying at the hotel, when we arrived back after a somewhat drunken night, because he wolf whistled after us. Since she isn't really a shy person, she stopped dead and just went over and gave him a slap over the face. It was just a little slap, but he probably wasn't that sober either, so that riled him up quite a bit. Fortunately I pulled Michelle away, and one of his friend held him back, so no one got seriously hurt. It was still pretty scary though. Day 4- the final day in Kraków, for my part anyway. Michelle decided to stay a few more days, so I left her there. Now I'm on my way to Berlin again , but more about that next week. Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb