Walking Tour Kakow


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
May 18th 2012
Published: May 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This afternoon, we had a very well informed walking tour with a knowledgeable guide named Doroto (Dorothy). We started at the Florian Gate- named for ST. Florian the patron Saint Krakow. This is one of the last remnants of the wall that is still remaining.
We went through the Old Town and ended at Wawel Castle where all the original Kings were buried. I'll have to go back for a separate tour and explore the Crypt and the upper rooms of the tower.



It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. After the tour I ran back to the flat to pay the owner the rental fee. Mom and Dad took a wrong turn and ended up lost, but called the apartment owner who ordered them a cab ride back. Mom did quite well despite her limitations with her healing foot. This was the first time she had worn a tennis shoe.

Tommorow is another day... we have plans to visit the mountains in Zakopane and also the Salt mines and maybe Aushwitz. I have to make time to go to the archive building on Monday or Tuesday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Florian GateFlorian Gate
Florian Gate

Where we started our tour
CopernicusCopernicus
Copernicus

Any Resemblance


18th May 2012

Freaking amazing pictures!!!
Wow, this place is amazing with history and beautiful architecture. I wish I was there with you guys. And yeah, I see the resemblance. Funny!
18th May 2012

Made it!
Glad to see you all made it! Enjoy. Matt take it easy on your Mom. She is a bit older than you!!!!!
18th May 2012
Interior St. Mary's

I like the old Churches!
18th May 2012
Just before the tour outside the gate

Nice picture, I like the old buildings!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb