Easy Jetting Through Europe


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
July 19th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is all past history, but life was hectic and Internet service was slow and expensive. So, I'll catch you up on what happened in the past several weeks as I sit at home in the AC avoiding the FL heat.

Thanks to Easy Jet Airlines we moved to Krakow, to Paris, and then to Geneva in a few quick flights. Krakow is a great city and we were happy to see it once again. While most of our time was spent in the Old Town, we did spend one day in the alpine village of Zakopane. Our last day in Krakow was spent enjoying the Old Town sights and cafes with friends from home.

Paris was cold, windy, and rainy - our first bad weather of the trip. Our visit to the d'Orsay and the L' Orangerie Museums was a delight. The impressionists' paintings were a joy to behold. The rest of our short visit was spent seeing all the major sights of Paris and trying to avoid the rain.

The next Easy Jet flight delivered us to Geneva. After a few train rides we were settled into our "flat" in Interlaken for 2 weeks of hiking.
St. Mary CathedralSt. Mary CathedralSt. Mary Cathedral

Hourly, a trumpeter plays an incomplete melody, from the tallest tower, to honor a medieval trumpeter who was killed while trying to warn the city of an attack. The warning alarm stops at the point when the soldier was killed.
The weather was less than stellar and initially limited our trips into the mountains. But, once it cleared, we were in the mountains and hiking our favorite trails every day.

My second paraglide experience was a real thrill. This time we launched from the top of First (the name of a mountain peak) and flew along the side of the Eiger. Catching the updrafts and being swept up to elevations almost as high as the Eiger was quite an exhilarating ride. The weather was perfect, the views were spectacular, and it was a total blast.

We celebrated the 4th of July at Balmers's. This famous Interlaken youth hostel is ready to throw a party for any national holiday. Our Swiss friends joined us for the burgers, the band, and the fun. The huge American flag and the ice carved eagle were nice touches to the celebration.

The next day we were headed to Geneva for our flight to England and then on to Wales. But, that will be covered in the next "back-blog".

There are some photos from Tenerife that missed the Canary Islands blog. I just had to include them. You see why😊

RPM
Medieval Gate of Krakow's Old TownMedieval Gate of Krakow's Old TownMedieval Gate of Krakow's Old Town

Mc Donald's is to the right. Do you see the golden arches?





Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Riding the luge in ZakopaneRiding the luge in Zakopane
Riding the luge in Zakopane

I ran over a sparrow on the track. It wasn't pleasant for either of us.
Zakopane MarketZakopane Market
Zakopane Market

The market is located under the highway overpass.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb