Auschwitz


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Auschwitz
July 6th 2013
Published: July 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I was in the killing fields in Cambodia a few months ago. I was surprised to learn that Pol Pot's regime killed 2-3 million people in Cambodia using brutal force. They didn't want to use bullets because they needed the bullets to shoot at their armed enemies.

So, as truckloads of people were brought into the killing fields, they used clubs and knives to kill them.

Whereas here in Auschwitz, the Nazis had enough bullets but decided to use deceit and indirection to kill the Jews, because they felt it was more efficient than bullets.

When the Jews arrived in Auschwitz, a Nazi doctor would look at each as they walked by, and decide which ones he felt would be healthy enough to work for a few days, months, or weeks before killing them. All others were marched directly into a gas chamber, where they were poisoned to death with gas immediately.

The Nazis told them to take their clothes off for a group shower that held 2000 people at a time. But once the doors were shut, the Nazis inserted lethal gas into the chamber. It took 20 minutes for the gas to kill 2000 people. They then removed the gold from their teeth, and burned them in ovens that held 6 people at a time. The ovens took 40 minutes to turn 6 people into ashes. Strong young prisoners were used to remove teeth and move the bodies into the ovens.



What would the world be like today, if the Nazis had won World War II? Frightening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



15th July 2013

Wounds That Can Never Heal . . .
It will take eons before the vibrations of unimaginable suffering subside and stop haunting this place.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb